Sunday, December 26, 2010

Odds and Ends

Here we sit, the wind howling and the snow piling up outside. Snuggled in by the fire with a sleepy Teddy sprawled on his back. Pots of tea, piles of books, studio time. Here's what I'm reading. In the fun fiction department, Janet Evanovich, Bounty Hunter. Hilarious.


and this amazing book, The Found Object in Textile Art by Cas Holmes.

I've got a copy of Drawn to Stitch by Gwen Hedley sitting here as well.

I'm finding these books to be hugely inspiring as my artwork has been yearning for a more tactile surface. There has been a whispering going on for some time now. The ideas presented in these two books are introducing me to techniques to bring it together. The art in both books is spectacular.

I've also been thinking about this post, Socks Going Feral from a couple of years ago. I am still wondering how that sock escaped from my son's window.

2 comments:

Joy Logan said...

thankssssssssss for books to get us thru anything huh? I am reading another Pat Conroy book...love his writings!

Jane LaFazio said...

I simply adore that Cas Holmes book!!! it's my fave for sure.
hey, your link to the socks doesn't work.
happy new year Diana!!