Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nudges {Creative Revolutionaries} Week 16

Time for a change-up! Hanna of iHanna is the Nudger today while I give my poker a rest! You can find the nudge over at her blog. Oh my goodness, her gray journal page is just brimming with inspiration. Wait till you see it!
Here's the idea "... today, as a creative exercise: paint a whole page (or spread) in your art journal gray! Mix black and white together if you don’t have a tube of gray."


You could also paint over a 5 minute collage page or some other journal page that you don't much like. Is there anything like that lurking in your journal? I'm gonna get the white and black paint out and put each directly on the page and then move them around 'til things get gray. Edit: To mix the gray, add tiny drops of black paint to a puddle of white. The black is quite strong and will quickly overwhelm the white!


I think this will be a good jumping off point for another prompt in the future. Maybe I can get Hanna back ... 

9 comments:

lyle baxter said...

why dont you paint black on left page and white on right (thick) and mooch them together to see if some grey occurs????? sounds like fun whatever happens! you do give me my morning smiles!

Sarah Anderson said...

oooo good prompt, love grey! And love black and white too. So much inspiration, so little time!

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

Yes, thank you Lyle, that is exactly what I was trying to say. Use only a drop of two of black to a lot of white to begin with. It is quite strong

iHanna said...

Yay! Now I want to see many gray pages, yes yours too Diana! Thanks for the chance to inspire your readers want mine. I will be back with more nudges, thanks.

iHanna said...

Yay! Now I want to see many gray pages, yes yours too Diana! Thanks for the chance to inspire your readers want mine. I will be back with more nudges, thanks.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

hi! am visiting clothmate blogs from Judes boro class...SO MUCH
to see here!...looking forward to
working together in the class!

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

Welcome, Grace and thank you for commenting. I hope you'll visit often!

PeonyBlue said...

I did a grey page this morning (with a touch of sepia, kind of by accident, but it went okay with the payne's grey, I think) after finding your Revolutionaries! What a great idea...can't wait to go back and play along with the previous Nudges.

My page:
http://peonyblue.com/2011/01/16/from-the-art-journal-grey/

Whee! Thank you (and Hanna!)

Mescrap said...

I've done nudget 16 & 17

http://mescrap.blogspot.com/2011/01/creative-nudge-no-16-17.html

Thank you again for the great 'exercise'.