Monday, March 28, 2011

Buon Giorno Italia, again

From my first trip to Rome where Jon and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary
Oh yes, indeed. I'm dusting off my Italian phrase book! This is one excited woman here and talk about synchronicity! About a year ago, I was invited to teach in Tuscany and for one reason and then another, couldn't do it this year.

A few months ago, I met a new frienc. Susan is an art teacher taking a year's sabbatical in Fabriano, Italy. Susan and I hooked up, bonded and she invited me over to visit. Wierd, right? I guess it was in the universal plan to go to Italy this year.
Traveling light, we were there for five glorious days
Part of the time, the charming bed and breakfast Fonte Fresco will be my home base. In the mountains, just outside of Fabriano, there will be time, peace and opportunity to draw, sketch, walk and breath. The pictures are absolutely amazing. And the price! Yikes, it is really affordable. Wouldn't this be an excellent place to hold a week-long workshop?
Sketch time was at a premium. So I worked quick and loose, concentrating on color. This was our anniversary evening and the waiter wrote something in my book. Which I cannot read and he wouldn't translate. 
The other part of the time will be spent in the ancient walled city of Fabriano, exploring the Museo della Carta (papermaking museum) and the art of the city. Yes, I will be in heaven.

9 comments:

Pam said...

Springtime in Italy, Tuscany...How exciting--love the rose petal in your journal--how sweet and romantic!

Dusty said...

Best wishes from Renzo. Wishing you many more such happy years.

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

Thanks Dusty! I thought it may have been obscene or something. Renzo blushed and wouldn't tell us what it said!

Jeannie said...

Oh Diana, what a wonderful opportunity! I look forward to trip reports on your return. Ciao Bella!

Cassie Shella said...

Can I cram myself into your suitcase and come along? I won't take up too much room I promise! Have a wonderful time, and please post lots of pictures!

PJ said...

Hi, Diana,

I'm a daily reader, just not a commenter. I have used much of what you have taught and watch whatever videos of yours I can find. Love them. Wanted you to know there's another of us out here appreciating what you do. I've enjoyed JOURNAL SPILLING and have made several fun journals using your 'encouragements'.

Also, I love the new header on your page. Beautiful.

anna maria said...

Too bad you won't be closer to where I am, way, way down south.

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

PJ! Thank you so much for "pipiing up!" It is wonderful to know that you are using this information and much appreciated that you took the time to comment.

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

Buon Giorno Anna Maria! Wish we could meet! I'm cramming my Italian phrase book but nothing is sticking. I love your beautiful country and people. So looking forward to being in Italy again.