Thursday, April 28, 2011

Nudge 27, Stitch

Ok OK! I got the emails. Here's Nudge 27 ... Stitch. In your journal, on your pants, a tiny corner of a blanket, on your lawn chair. Take a few stitches. Don't know how? What!? Hate it? Aw, come on. When was the last time you sewed anything? You have a mending kit somewhere.

Capisco Niente is a handy all-purpose phrase I learned before I went to Italy. It means "I understand nothing." So true on so many levels. It made me laugh and most of the Italians I used it on laughed with me. I may embroider that on a t-shirt.

Something cool happens when you stitch in your journal:
Yeah. I often like the back of the page more than the front. But you could always glue something on top of it.

Use embroidery floss - all six strands - when stitching on paper. Poke your sewing holes first with an awl or thumbtack and make sure that your needle goes through the holes comfortably. It's way to hard on your hands to try to stitch without the holes.

9 comments:

Laura Lea said...

Oh I love to stitch on paper and fabric and I've been known to sitch on leaves too, so I'm thrilled with this nudge!

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

Oh yes, great idea! Leaves, thanks Laura Lee. I'll try that.

Anonymous said...

I love to use a needle and thread, but not TOO much. This is perfect!

Judy said...

Diana,

So often I take note of your Nudges, then the day sweeps them away, this one I will follow through on.

Jane LaFazio said...

Capisco Niente oh yeah!! I see a hand stitched t-shirt in my future....

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

Carpe Diem, Judy. Sometimes the day does get away - a mind of it's own.

Jane, gives a whole new meaning to "been there, done that, got the t-shirt"

sisa said...

Thank you for this great nudge! I almost forgot how much I love to stitch on fabric, paper ( must try the leaves too!) It used to be one of my favorite hobbies. So, I finished the stitching of a woman's face on fabric paper (inspired by Alma Stoller's glossy project http://theglossyproject.blogspot.com/p/about-glossy-project.html. I posted to our flickr album.
Suzanne
P.S.: Hopefully I'll mend the socks too that wait patiently to be mended!

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

Suzanne, the socks can wait along with my husband's pants hem.
! I love Alma Stoller's work. Thanks for that link!

Anonymous said...

hermes bag outlet
palm angels outlet
kyrie 7 shoes
golden goose outlet
kyrie 7
nike dunks
supreme
bape hoodie
off white outlet
golden goose black friday