Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Post from Fabriano Italia

Is this heaven. Si. Here I am with Maggie (L) and Susan (middle). We are in Vallemontagnana in the mountains above Fabriano (valley mountain, si?). Maggie's elegant and very comfortable bed and breakfast is here. It is an extremely happy place. A golden eagle flew overhead on my first evening here and then today, as I was leaving, it flew again as if to say goodbye. Bella. 
Susan is my host. She is here for six months on sabbatical and has been so generous to have me here and take such good care of me. We are having many art moments and loads of fun. Perhaps some of the hilarity was provided by the farmer and his wife (below with Maggie). They make the most delicious wine in their tiny cellar from grapes that they've grown on the hillsides below. She is bellisimo. 
One little bit of a meal at the extraordinary Marchesse del Grillo. The chef, Serena, has invited me to bring a future class of students to her restaurant which is also an olive grove and garden to have a lesson! I love Serena. She is young and a true visionary. More of the meal later. This was a sausage and liver tarte with a lovely bit of lemon in the crust.
I am off to Assisi soon for two nights. Then Roma before arrivaderci.

xo xo (that is a hug and kiss on each cheek, Italian-style).
Diana

5 comments:

Pam said...

It sounds like you're having a fantastic time--I'm eager to hear and see more. Enjoy every moment! Pam =)

Barb Smith said...

You are living such a heavenly adventure right now and I'm loving hearing about it. Are all the Italians so nice as those you've mentioned? Oh yes, please tell us more...I am dying to hear more.
Peace & Love,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Diana, Hope your having a wonderful time. More thouhts ect:)about trip. The organizer is something id love to make into a daily art journaland would like a class.
Have a wonderfulday,
Linda

Hoola Tallulah said...

Ah I am so envious of your travels, I LOVE Italy, I loved Italian food before I had visited there but nothing could have prepared me for the taste of real Italian food, out of this world! Looks like you're having a wonderful time, and I love what happenned with the eagle - nature is so special that way <3

Laurie said...

Ah, I want to go with you next time!