Thursday, February 26, 2009

Stuffies

Making stuffies are an antidote to hard economic times:


I just finished teaching a 4 session Stuffies (Soft Sculpture) workshop at Abington Free Library. Here are a couple of pictures. We had adults and children in equal amounts and, darn!, why didn't I have my camera with me the whole time. Stuffies by Karen, Bella, Jeanne and Sean. It was really a blast.




Here is a list of books that I found very inspiring! Check your library or bookstore.
Plush O Rama; Kopp, Linda.
Abington Call Number: YA 745.5924 KOP 2006

Plush You! : Lovable Misfit Toys to Sew and Stuff; Rask, Kristen.
Norristown 745.5924 R225p

Stray Sock Sewing; Ta, Dan
Norristown 745.5924 T111s

The Cute Book, Aranzi Aranzo
Abington YA 745.5 CUT 2007

Sock and Glove; Kanamori, Miyako
Norristown 745.5924 K16s

At the library, try Keyword or Title searches using
Softies
Stuffed animals
Sock
Glove

No comments: