Sunday, December 5, 2010

Book Review Sunday, Colourful World


Welcome to a new week and the first Book Review Sunday. On the first Sunday of the month, I'll be here with a book review.

Today's book is one of my absolute favorites for color inspiration. Coulorful World by Amandine Guisez Gallienne is simply sumptuous. It is filled with photographs of people, places, textiles, vegetables, pottery (and so on) all over the world.

There are just a sprinkling of words at the end of each color group. The photos are, mostly, full page and are grouped according to color: white, yellow, green, blue, red and black.

I've used this book over and over as a resource and just to sit down with a cup of tea and look through the pages is a wonderful refresher.

It is super cheap at Amazon, wow $2.81(used)! It's a no-brainer at that price. For you and your best art buddy.
Yum. Yum.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Ooh! Like it verra much.

Bonita Rose said...

Love love.. thks for sharing this!

Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs said...

I do like the exerts from this book...I must check it out. Thank you for turning us on to some wonderful resources...hugs and I love your work!

Deb said...

Rushed over to Amazon and ordered it immediately. Unfortunately the price is going up a little as we grab up the used copies. But still $4.50 plus $3.99 s&h isn't bad. Thanks for the review!

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

If you love color, it is well worth the price. I paid full price (!) for it from a bookshop a few years ago so you know how much I love it.

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

yum indeed!